Saturday, March 30, 2019

ACEO - The Road Home 3

Today I wanted to work on this painting that I had started a couple of years ago (see posts on 25 November 2017 and 23 February 2018).

I started in the background and painted the buildings on the distant hill.

From there I used mixtures of cadmium red and cadmium yellow and applied the maple leaves on the trees with a sponge.

Next I painted in the three birch trees using burnt sienna and raw sienna on some areas of the trunks, followed by adding the dark markings on the tree with a mixture of French ultramarine blue and burnt sienna.

With washes of burnt sienna I painted in the road followed by a wash of the blue in some areas for the shadows.















Using various mixtures of French ultramarine blue, Antwerp blue, raw sienna, new gamboge and aureolin I painted in the grasses and growies  on the land on both sides of the road.

Lastly, I used lemon yellow and put on the birch tree leaves and scattered a few fallen leaves onto the road

If you would like more information about ACEO please go to my post on 11 March 2010.

The ACEO shown here is an original watercolour painting using Artist quality Winsor & Newton paint on 140lb. Arches 100% rag, acid free watercolour paper. It is priced at $20.00 and sold unframed.

No comments:

Post a Comment