Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Bunny and Basket 1 - A Work in Progress

I wanted to do a little more work on this painting that I have been working on for a little while (see posts on 27 May 2014, 06 January, 22 February 09 and 31 March 2016).

I wanted to define the drawing a little more and drew in a couple more pussy willows, added more detail onto the lace so when I put in the shadows the patterns will be easier to follow.

Next I added the folds into the pant legs and defined the ribbons on the legs before I finished the bindings on the top and bottom of the basket.

First I completed the pussy willows stalks using burnt sienna and French ultramarine blue and the fluffs with raw sienna and a grey of burnt sienna and French ultramarine blue.

Using a mix of cobalt blue and Antwerp blue I washed in the base colour on the sleeves and pant legs.

While that dried I darkened the shadow on the left side of the face.

I painted the ribbons by the sleeve and the legs with cadmium red, cadmium yellow and alizarin crimson.

I will post this painting at a later date once I have completed the sleeves, legs and added the highlights on the ribbons.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my artwork and I hope you will return often.