Saturday, October 15, 2011

Bonfire 1 - A Work in Progress

I was going through my unfinished paintings to take out the ones I would work on first and try to get finished for next year's show season.

I came across Campfire (see posting on 24 December 2010) and Coffee Pot (see posting on 25 December 2010) which would be ideal for a show in Algonquin Park, so I decided to attempt a bonfire on a small piece of paper and see how it worked out rather than work on paintings that were already started and make my mistakes on them.

I used various mixtures of French ultramarine blue, alizarin crimson and burnt sienna for the background to create a warm dark purple background that would provide a strong contrast to the yellow and orange flames.

I will post this painting at a later date once I have it completed.

Thank you for coming to look at my artwork.