Sunday, March 10, 2013

Galloping Pair - A Work in Progress

This is a painting I had started earlier this year (see post on 15 January 2013). I washed in a stormy sky behind the horses with French ultramarine blue and burnt sienna.

Next using French ultramarine blue and mixtures of raw sienna and new gamboge for the background trees and pasture.

Using a darker mixture of the greens the foreground grasses were painted.

Once the back ground had dried I started the under paint on the lead horse.

The first layer was raw sienna; and the next two layers were with burnt sienna.

I will post this painting at a later date as each horse is completed.