Wednesday, September 16, 2015

OSWOA - Flower Power 1

I decided that I wanted to finish this painting that I have been working on for a while (see posts on 09 May 2012, 23 January 2014 and 09 August 2015).

I started with the yellow mass of flowers on the right side of the arrangement and using aureolin and raw sienna I created flower shapes by painting in the negative.

Using burnt sienna I added the stamens to the center of the flowers.

I wanted to put in a few larger yellow flowers on the left side of the floral arrangement.

With raw sienna and painting in the negative I created the first of the two large blooms.

A little burnt sienna was added into the shadows.

Aureolin was added to the shadow colour and a few small flowers were added around the large blooms.

With various shades of green, leaves were added throughout the painting.

If you would like more information about OSWOA please go to my post on 12 March 2010.

The OSWOA shown here is an original watercolour painting using Artist quality Winsor & Newton paint on 140lb. Arches 100% rag, acid free watercolour paper. It is priced at $40.00 and sold unframed.