Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Stained Glass - Removing the Masking

Today my friend and fellow artist Heather Grant and I got together at her house to work on some drawings of barns for a workshop with Emil Varga for next week; as well as to complete some of our partially finished paintings.

I managed to complete four drawings for the workshop and will transfer them down onto watercolour paper later this week.

After lunch I decided that I wanted to do more work on this abstract I had started a while ago (see posts on 13 April 10 and 15 April 10).

I painted in the remaining white areas of the painting and removed the miskit from the one area I wanted to keep white. After setting it up and looking at it from a distance I took out one area I had originally planned to keep white and painted in the dark horizontal bar.

I have completed a fair amount of it, but it still needs more work before it is finished and I will leave that for another day.