Thursday, December 29, 2011

Light Show - A Work in Progress

Today I decided to play with plastic wrap and see if I can create the Northern Lights with a twist.

Using masking fluid I splattered a fine spray across the top area for stars and let that dry while I mixed the colours I was going to use in the sky.

I wet the paper and poured French ultramarine blue into the sky leaving some of the areas white. Then into some of the white areas I painted in some aureolin and kept some of the colour pure and allowed the colour to mix with the blue in other areas.

I placed the plastic wrap on the top of the wet paint and set it aside to dry.

After removing the plastic wrap from the painting I used mixtures of French ultramarine blue and burnt sienna to paint in the trees and foreground.

This painting still needs something before I consider it completed. I will post at a later date once it is finished.