Saturday, January 5, 2013

Playing with Salt - Two Works in Progress

This was a painting of a flower that I had started a long time ago that simply wasn't working. So I salvaged some of the painting by cutting it down into 2-1/2" x 3-1/2" for ACEO.

Frost Fairies 1

I wet the paper and using Antwerp blue, alizarin crimson and aureolin, put pure colour onto the paper and rolled it around allowing the colours to mix together. Once I had finished applying the paint I sprinkled some salt into the paintings and rolled it around a little more and then set them aside to dry.

Frost Fairies 2

I will post these paintings at a later date once they have been completed.

If you would like more information about ACEO please go to my post on 11 March 2010.