Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Rubber Ducky 1 - A Work in Progress

It seems as though I am working on rubber ducks this month so I thought I would continue and do a little more work on this piece that I had started earlier this year (see post on 28 March 2016)  of just
the rubber duck and a towel.

Using a wash of French ultramarine blue, Antwerp blue and burnt sienna I brushed in the background.

While the background was drying I made up various mixtures of blues for the towel using Antwerp blue, French ultramarine blue, Cobalt blue and burnt sienna.

Using up to five layers of the various blues I painted the towel until I was happy with the depth of colour and set it aside to dry.

I will post this painting at a later date once I start work on the duck.

Thank you for coming to look at my artwork.