Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Dry Dock - A Work in Progress

Today I worked on the stripped section of the east wall and managed to get the bottom section completed. It is hard to believe that small section took a little over two gallons of paint.

After lunch I wanted to paint for a little while before I went out to work in the garden and I decided I wanted to work on a wreck in dry dock I had seen in Roatan.

I started by washing in the sky and water with Cobalt blue.

Next mixing various greens with French ultramarine blue, Cobalt blue, raw sienna, alizarin crimson and new gamboge, I painted in the trees behind the boat.

Using French ultramarine blue the lower part of the boat was painted with a little burnt sienna added along the waterline.

Above that a greyed green was used where the algae and water stains marked the sides of the boat.

Now it is time to go work in my garden and I will post this painting at a later date once I have completed work on the boat.