Saturday, May 4, 2019

The Old Outhouse 1 - A Work in Progress

I thought I would do a little work on this piece that I had started while in Magnetawan at the Knoepfli Inn.

First I wet the paper in the background, then carefully wet the area around the outhouse and the two main trees leaving them dry and finished by wetting the foreground.

Using aureolin, I brushed the paint into the wet areas to create the look of sunlit foliage in the background and the under paint for the brightly coloured leaves in the foreground.

Then I set it aside to dry while I mixed the colour for the tree trunks and the boards on the outhouse.















Before I could get further on the painting Ron came by and needed my help raking up the branches from the willow tree that had broken and fallen during the winter.















It took the rest of the morning and after a short break for lunch we worked through the rest of the afternoon and finally had all the branches raked up, placed onto tarps or piled into the wheelbarrow. By then it was time for supper.















I will post this painting at a later date once I have painted the boards on the outhouse and the foreground tree trunks.

No comments:

Post a Comment