Friday, July 20, 2018

Dusk 11 and 12 - Two Works in Progress

Today I didn't have a lot of time to work on paintings, so I pulled out a couple of pieces from last year (see post on 09 March 2017) that had the background already painted in and wanted to at least indicate what I wanted to put into the painting.














Dusk 11

For the first one, I decided where I would place the waterline and then added the tree tops above it leaving a little room at the bottom for the rocks above the water.

On the right side I placed a land mass with a number of pine trees.















Dusk 12

On the second one I again placed in the waterline leaving room for the rocks and indicated the tree tops.

I then added an island on the left side of the painting and put pine trees on the rock.

I will post both of these paintings at a later date once they have been completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment