Sunday, June 24, 2018

ACEO - Dusk 13

Today I thought I would finish this painting that I had started last year (see post on 07 July 2017).

I started by painting the pine trees on the hill using various greens made from Antwerp blue, French ultramarine blue, raw sienna, new gamboge and cadmium yellow.

With a dark made of French ultramarine blue and burnt sienna, I added the dead trees, the tree trunks and some of the branches.

Now that the pine trees were completely finished it was time to add in the ground beneath them.

Using various combinations of alizarin crimson, burnt sienna, both of the blues and raw sienna I put in the rocks that would show through the grasses and growies.

Lastly, I added the grasses and undergrowth beneath the trees and in and around the rocks.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and enjoy the artwork. I hope you will return often.

If you would like more information about ACEO please go to my post on 11 March 2010.

The ACEO shown here is an original watercolour painting using Artist quality Winsor & Newton paint on 140lb. Fabriano 100% cotton, acid free watercolour paper. It is priced at $20.00 and sold unframed.

No comments:

Post a Comment