Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Twisted Trees 4-6 - Three Works in Progress

With this last week of unseasonably warm temperatures and today's high of 56F (13C) making it feel like a nice spring day.

There is very little snow remaining on the ground and I decided to take Kyora along to keep me company as I went for a little longer walk along the fence line.

I brought my sketchbook with me and planned on doing a few more drawings of the bent trees. Hopefully, I will find some more of the birds we have in the area and be able to add into my drawings.

Twisted Tree 4

I went along the fence line at the back of the barn to the north west corner and started sketching one of the maple trees.

It wasn't long before I heard a crow calling as I looked around and I soon found my crow, which Ron named "Squawky"  that I rescued a couple of years ago (see posts on 10 and 18 March 2016) perched in a nearby tree watching me.

Twisted Tree 5

I will put out some bread for him when I go back to the house.

The next tree I did had a black squirrel in it, which scolded the dog for sitting under the tree watching him.

As we headed back to the house I stopped once more to do a drawing of another tree, this one had a nuthatch peaking around the tree trunk at Kyora and I.

Twisted Tree 6

I will post each of these drawings as more work on them is completed.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and enjoy the artwork. I hope you will return often.

No comments:

Post a Comment