Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Sunset Island 4 - A Work in Progress

Today I was at St. Matthew's Church in Buckhorn painting with the Buckhorn Tuesday Painting Group. Unfortunately, I could only be there in the morning as I had two appointments in the afternoon.

I thought I would do a little work on this painting that I had started last year while teaching a class at The Point, in Young's Point (see post on 31 May 2017).

First I drew in the islands and main trees.

With a mix of burnt sienna and a little bit of French ultramarine blue to darken the colour slightly and painted in the two islands in the background.

I darkened the brown slightly by adding in a little more of the blue. I started with the trees on the foreground island and at the bottom of the trees painted the grasses in the negative.

I will post this painting at a later date once it has been completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment