Saturday, July 22, 2017

Sand Bucket 1 - A Work in Progress

Today I wanted to put some paint on this little drawing that I did quite a while ago (see post on 21 Jun 2013).

First I needed to fix a few of the lines on the bucket and then I moved the horizon line a little higher up in the painting.

Using cerulean blue I put in the sky and the under paint for the lake.

Next I made a mix of raw sienna with a small amount of burnt sienna and brushed in the sand being careful to leave an area of white paper between the sand and the water.

With a mix of Antwerp blue and cerulean blue I put in the waves on the lake surface almost to the beach.















Into this section where the waves roll over the sand and onto the shore I first put down the water colour and then added lines of raw sienna and burnt sienna to indicate the churning sand.

With pure burnt sienna I put in the "wet" areas of the sand between the water and the dry shore, still being careful to leave the white paper as the foam.

Lastly, I put in the distant shores on the horizon line with a mix of the blues and raw sienna.

I will post this painting at a later date once it has been completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment