Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Gathering Storm 1 - A Work in Progress

Today I went to Buckhorn to paint at St. Matthew's Church with the Buckhorn Tuesday Painting Group.

I wanted to try and get this painting completed today that I had started a couple of years ago (see posts on 12 January, 19 February and 15 May 2015) and I started by drawing in the island in the right side of the painting, and indicated the tall pine tree trunks.



















It wasn't long before we noticed that the room was getting colder, and when we looked at the thermostat we found that the furnace wasn't coming on to heat the building.

After calling maintenance we found that the repair man would not be there until late afternoon to fix the furnace. We decided to go home rather than work in the cold, which worked out well because as we were leaving it began to snow and we are to get 3" (7.6cm) of heavy packing snow today.

I will post this painting at a later date once I have painted the island.

No comments:

Post a Comment