Wednesday, June 29, 2016

OSWOA - Summer Evening 1

Today it is 79F (26.1C) with the humidity making it feel like 83F (28.3C) which is a nice summer day with a mild breeze.

I thought I would like to work on this painting that I had worked on a few months ago (see posts on 23 July 2013 and 11 February 2016) and try to complete it today.

I started by putting in the remaining tree trunks with a greyed brown of French ultramarine blue and burnt sienna and the branches on the low laying bushes at the base of the trees.

With Antwerp blue and new gamboge I put in the sunlit needles on all the trees with the exception of the one dead tree trunk.

For the mid tone needles I used French ultramarine blue and new gamboge as well as into some of the leaves on the bushes.

The shadowed needles were a mix of French ultramarine blue and raw sienna with a touch of burnt sienna.

The growies were painted with various combinations of cadmium yellow, cobalt blue and lemon yellow.

If you would like more information about OSWOA please go to my post on 12 March 2010.

The OSWOA shown here is an original watercolour painting using Artist quality Winsor & Newton paint on 140lb. Arches 100% rag, acid free watercolour paper. It is priced at $40.00 and sold unframed.

No comments:

Post a Comment