Tuesday, June 28, 2016

ACEO - Morning Fog 1 and 2

I wanted to complete these two little paintings that I had started a while ago (see posts on 12 September 2013 and 12 February 2016).

Working back and forth on the two paintings I started with a pale mixture of French ultramarine blue and burnt sienna and painted in the furthest back trees.

I added a small amount of burnt sienna to the pale mix and painted in the next closer trees.

Adding a little more blue I painted in the next layer of trees.

Morning Fog 2

Using a pale mix of raw sienna and the tree mix I painted in the the areas of water in the foreground on the first painting and on the grasses in the foreground and at the base of the closer trees in the second one.

Lastly I painted in the sun with aureolin.















Morning Fog 1

If you would like more information about ACEO please go to my post on 11 March 2010.

The ACEO shown here are all original watercolour paintings using Artist quality Winsor & Newton paint on 140lb. Arches 100% rag, acid free watercolour paper. They are priced at $20.00 each and sold unframed.

No comments:

Post a Comment