Sunday, February 14, 2016

Poppies and Fence Post I - A Work in Progress

Happy Valentine's Day! At least today is warmer at -11F (-23.9C) and not very much wind when compared to yesterday.

Since it is not going to be a nice day I thought I would work on sketches of poppies, which are bright and bold flowers and seeing them in bloom in the early part of the summer always cheers me up.

And since I need some new paintings for the upcoming Floral and Still Life show in April what could be more appropriate.

I pulled out some of the yellow based acrylic backgrounds that were made using the remaining paint and decided that Background 73 (see post on 26 January 2016) would work well with this drawing.

I will post this painting at a later date once I have transferred the sketch and started painting the fence post.

Thank you for coming to look at my artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment