Friday, October 16, 2015

Background 47-51 - Five Works in Progress

These are the backgrounds from last month (see post on 22 September 2015) when I completed Autumn Beauty I while painting with the Buckhorn Tuesday Painting Group at St. Matthews Church.

As usual I applied the left over acrylic paint from my palette onto spare canvases as a background and occasionally they become abstract paintings.














Background 47

The first one was raw sienna, burnt sienna and some of the leftover green mixtures.














Background 48

On the second one I used burnt sienna, raw sienna and cadmium yellow.














Background 49

For the third one I used burnt sienna, titanium white, cadmium red, alizarin crimson and the leftover orange mixtures.














Background 50

The fourth one was French ultramarine blue, cerulean blue, alizarin crimson and I added a little titanium white to prevent it from becoming too dark.














Background 51

On the last one I used the remaining colours on the palette which included alizarin crimson, cadmium red, burnt sienna, French ultramarine blue and titanium white.

I will post each of these paintings at a later date once they are completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment