Monday, June 21, 2021

First Teaching Assignment

Going through some old files I came across this drawing of a swam that I did when I was in Grade One and it was dated on the back 21 June 1962.

It was because of this drawing that I ended up having my first art teaching assignment. I was asked to teach a class of Grade Six students on how I did my drawing of the swan.

I had them start by placing the water line followed by doing the numeral 2 to place the top of the swan on the paper.

Next, they put a ball at the start of the number for the head and added a triangle for the bill.














To slightly below the centre of the ball (head) they drew the bottom of the neck and came slightly forward and brought the chest down to the waterline.

From there I extended the bottom of the two slightly upward for the top of the tail.

Below that we put in a curved line for the bottom of the tail and brought it down to the waterline.

Just back of  the neck we put in the wing and added the large feathers.

Lastly, the top of the leg was put in slightly above the waterline.

No comments:

Post a Comment