Sunday, November 17, 2019

ACEO - Frozen Lake 2

It won't be long until there is snow on the ground, so I thought I would finish this painting that was started quite a while go (see posts on 24 November 2013 and 30 December 2017).

With a mix of raw sienna and French ultramarine blue I give a little bit of detail to the tops of the trees in the distant shoreline.

Next, I brushed in a few shadows across the snow with Antwerp blue.

Mixing a green of French ultramarine blue, Antwerp blue and raw sienna, I put the needles on the pine trees.














Next I added little burnt sienna to the needle colour and painted in the branches and tree trunks.

With mixes of burnt sienna and raw sienna I put in the grasses and growies poking up through the snow.

If you would like more information about ACEO please go to my post on 11 March 2010.

The ACEO shown here is an original watercolour painting using Artist quality Winsor & Newton paint on 140lb. or 300lb. Arches 100% rag, acid free watercolour paper. It is priced at $20.00 and sold unframed.

No comments:

Post a Comment