Sunday, September 29, 2019

Final Day at the Kawartha Artists' Gallery and Studio

The membership of the Kawartha Artists' Gallery and Studio voted in July to close their doors at the present location of 29 years at 420 O'Connell Road, in Peterborough, Ontario on 30 September 2019.

They will be moving to a new location at Peterborough Collegiate and Vocational Institute (PCVS), located at 201 McDonnel Street, in Peterborough, Ontario where they will no longer have an art gallery and just have a small studio space for the members.

Since I have my own art studio in my home, I have no need to drive into Peterborough to paint. That being said, if they should offer classes that interest me, I may attend.

Today the final pieces to be moved from KAGS have left the building and the Gallery here is officially closed.

I wish them the best of luck with their new location.

No comments:

Post a Comment