Friday, June 28, 2019

ACEO - Sunset Island 6

I wanted to complete this painting that I had started a couple of years ago (see post on 12 July 2017).

With a mixture of French ultramarine blue, burnt sienna and alizarin crimson I finished adding the needles onto the pine trees on the island.

I lightened and darkened some areas of the rocks on the island to give it more texture. This was followed by adding the reflections into the water.

The painting looked too stark so I added another island onto the right side of the painting and its reflections.

I lifted some of the dark colour from the trees on the horizon line.

If you would like more information about ACEO please go to my post on 11 March 2010.

The ACEO shown here is an original watercolour painting using Artist quality Winsor & Newton paint on 140lb. Arches 100% rag, acid free watercolour paper. It is priced at $20.00 and sold unframed.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and enjoy the artwork. I hope you will return often.

No comments:

Post a Comment