Friday, June 7, 2019

ACEO - Long Shadows 4

Today I wanted to complete this painting that I had started a while ago (see posts on 28 November 2014 and 26 March 2017).

I started by putting in the shadows across the snow with a mixture of Antwerp blue and French ultramarine blue.

Next I added a little bit of burnt sienna to the shadow colour and put the first layer of pine needles on the trees.

I added more of the blues to darken the colour slightly and put in the shadowed needles.

While the shadowed needles were drying I added a little bit of raw sienna to the green mixture and the high lit needles were painted.

Next I mixed a grey of French ultramarine blue and burnt sienna and put in the tree trunks and branches.

Lastly, using mixtures of raw sienna, burnt sienna and new gamboge I put in the grasses and growies.

If you would like more information about ACEO please go to my post on 11 March 2010.

The ACEO shown here is an original watercolour painting using Artist quality Winsor & Newton paint on 140lb. Lanaquarelle 100% cotton, acid free watercolour paper. It is priced at $20.00 and sold unframed.

No comments:

Post a Comment