Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Vertical 1 - A Work in Progress

Today I pulled out this little painting that I started last year while I was in Magnetawan at the Knoepfli Inn (see post on 03 October 2018).

After looking at the drawing, I made a few changes and added a number of lines to create more interest.

Starting with cobalt blue, I put in the colour in various places throughout the painting to create some movement.

Next I added some areas of raw sienna touching the blue.

I then mixed the blue and the yellow together and put in sections of green.

I applied pure alizarin crimson in a number of areas.

This was followed by adding raw sienna to the alizarin for a nice warm orange.

After looking at the painting for a few minutes I added the alizarin crimson to the cobalt blue for a purple and put it in various areas in the painting.

Taking more time to look at the pointing I decided that I was best served to leave it for another day rather than continue working on it and perhaps making a mess of it that I would regret.

I will post this painting at a later date as more work on it is completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment