Monday, October 22, 2018

Setting up the Nature's Splendour Exhibit at KAGS

Today I am at the Kawartha Artists’ Gallery and Studio setting up the KAGS Outdoor Painters' Exhibit called Nature's Splendour.

Since Carol, Vera and I are co-conveners of this show we arrived early to measure out the floor space for the exhibitors and put their names on the wall with tape.













We were then able to set up our own displays. I started by setting my table up first and then took out my paintings from their containers and lined them up against the wall.

I put my largest painting over the table and placed my two smallest, a pair of framed ACEO beneath it.













Next I placed two pieces to the left side of the table on above the other.

From there I started on the right side of the table where I wanted a grouping of paintings and I staggered the paintings to create movement.















Now that all the paintings are hung in the wall I can set up the display on the table.

First I covered the table with a lace tablecloth, followed by placing the rack in the centre of the table and putting the shrink wraps in the rack.















I finished by putting the card rack with my biographies on the left and on the right I placed a small painting on an easel.

The show opens on 24 October and continues until 11 November, with the opening reception on Sunday 28 October from 1-4 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment