Thursday, September 13, 2018

ACEO - Pink Sky 6

Today I wanted to finish this little painting that I had started a while ago (see posts on 26 December 2016 and 27 February 2017).

I lightly indicated with a pencil the distant shoreline and using various greens made from French ultramarine blue, Antwerp blue, raw sienna, new gamboge and aureolin. I painted in the trees on the distant shoreline leaving an area just above the waterline for the rocks on the shoreline.

Using raw sienna, burnt sienna and alizarin crimson I indicated the rocks between the water and the trees.

Next I darkened the rock colour with a little more burnt sienna and a touch of French ultramarine blue and put in the rocks in the foreground.

With the green mixtures used in the background I put the needles on the tree branches.

Lastly I used a mixture of French ultramarine blue and burnt sienna and painted in the tree trunks and a number of the dead branches on the pine trees.

If you would like more information about ACEO please go to my post on 11 March 2010.

The ACEO shown here is an original watercolour painting using Artist quality Winsor & Newton paint on 140lb. Arches 100% rag, acid free watercolour paper. It is priced at $20.00and sold unframed.

No comments:

Post a Comment