Tuesday, April 24, 2018

ACEO - Quiet Place 3

Today I was painting with the Buckhorn Tuesday Painting Group and I wanted to work on this little piece that I had started quite a while ago (see posts on 12 November 2014 and 22 March 2018).

I wanted to keep the painting fairly simple so I started by putting in the tree trunks with a mixture of French ultramarine blue and burnt sienna. Then I greyed the mix by adding a little more of the blue and put in the shadows on the snow.

Using French ultramarine blue, raw sienna and new gamboge, I put in the needles on the pine trees.















Lastly, with various mixtures of raw sienna, new gamboge, burnt sienna and a tiny amount of cadmium red I put in the grasses and  growies.

If you would like more information about ACEO please go to my post on 11 March 2010.

The ACEO shown here is an original watercolour painting using Artist quality Winsor & Newton paint on 140lb. Arches 100% rag, acid free watercolour paper. It is priced at $20.00 and sold unframed.

No comments:

Post a Comment