Thursday, March 29, 2018

ACEO - Sunset Island 4

Since it is a rainy day, I thought I would get this little piece finished that I had started last year while teaching a class (see posts on 31 May 2017 and 27 February 2018).

I started by working on the grasses and growies at the base of all the trees alternating with burnt sienna, raw sienna and new gamboge.

Next I worked on the largest pine tree on the island and finished putting in all the branches with pine needles as well as all the lower broken branches using various mixtures of burnt sienna and French ultramarine blue.

From there I moved down and painted in the rocks on the island using the tree branch mixture and adding in a little bit of alizarin crimson.

Lastly, I put in the reflections in the water with a mix of French ultramarine blue and burnt sienna.

If you would like more information about ACEO please go to my post on 11 March 2010.

The ACEO shown here is an original watercolour painting using Artist quality Winsor & Newton paint on 140lb. Arches 100% rag, acid free watercolour paper. It is priced at $20.00 and sold unframed.

No comments:

Post a Comment