Saturday, January 13, 2018

Winter Solo I - A Work in Progrress

Today I wanted to do more work on this painting that I had started last month (see post on 31 December 2017).

Using titanium white, cerulean blue and Grumbacher red I put in some of the trees on the far side of the lake.

Making a dark of French ultramarine blue and burnt sienna I painted in the trunk of the main tree.

With pure white I put in the snow covered frozen lake, followed by adding a little of the tree color for some of the shadows on the lake.

Using white in some areas, followed by the lake shadow colour and leaving some areas of the dark rocks showing through the snow.

I wanted to put in a few grasses and growies on the top of the rocks.

With various mixtures of raw sienna, cadmium yellow and burnt sienna and put them at the base of the tree trunk and then scattered some across the rocks.

I will post this painting at a later date once it has been completed.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and look at the artwork. I hope you will return often.

No comments:

Post a Comment