Saturday, January 20, 2018

ACEO - Farm Buildings 5

Today I thought I would like to work on a painting with some farm house and barns and after going through a number of small paintings I came across this piece that I had started a couple of years ago (see posts on 13 June 2016 and 22 January 2017).

I started with various greens made with Antwerp blue, French ultramarine blue, raw sienna and new gamboge and painted in the trees on the horizon line, the furthest back field, then field by the farm house and then the field by the barn.

With alizarin crimson and French ultramarine blue I painted in the barns, leaving the windows and doors untouched.

Next I used burnt sienna for the roof on the farm house.

I used cadmium yellow to put in the open doors and windows in the barn and some of the farm house windows.















I mixed a dark of French ultramarine blue and burnt sienna and put in the the fence rails and the windows in the farmhouse that were in darkness.

Lastly, I lightened the dark colour with water and painted the barn roofs and the silo.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and look at the artwork.

If you would like more information about ACEO please go to my post on 11 March 2010.

The ACEO shown here is an original watercolour painting using Artist quality Winsor & Newton paint on 140lb. Fabriano 100% cotton, acid free watercolour paper. It is priced at $20.00 and sold unframed.

No comments:

Post a Comment