Monday, December 25, 2017

Young Pine Tree I - A Work in Progress

I would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!

Being in the warm house looking out the window across the front field it looks like we are having a wonderful, white Christmas with 6" (15.2cm) of snow covering the ground with a white blanket. From here you won't feel the cold 23F (-5C) weather with the wind chill making it feel like 6F (-14.4C).

While I sat at the kitchen table enjoying the view I saw one of the young pine trees that are growing along the north fence line and I decided to do this graphite pencil sketch of this snow covered Christmas tree.

I may add more detail at a later date and work it up into a pen and ink drawing, but now I have to get ready to go out to the family Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment