Monday, April 24, 2017

Old Oak I

Today I wanted to finish this pen and in drawing that I started a number of years ago (see posts on 22 February 2013 and 25 January 2017).

The first thing I did was to remove the building. I wanted the background to be uncluttered and I felt the house made it look too busy.

I indicated the distant hills in the background and put in various layers of trees adding more details to the closer ones.














Next, I put in some more fence posts into the middle ground.

This was followed by various grasses and growies at the base of the posts and into the field.

Into the foreground I added grasses growing around the base of the oak tree and some clumps of grasses at the base of the front posts.

Lastly, I added the barb wire to the fence posts.

This original, 6-1/2" x 9" pen and ink drawing will be available after it is matted and shrink wrapped for $60.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment