Thursday, April 27, 2017

Barn VIII

I am looking forward to this afternoon as I will be able to go outside and enjoy sitting in the sun for the second time to since breaking my leg. With the temperature going up to 79F (26C)and the humidity making it feel like 86F(30C) and having a thunderstorm this evening, makes it a triple bonus day.

In the meantime I pulled out this drawing of a horse barn on Highway 134 that offered both hay and sleigh rides.

I started with the barn and added the tin roof, fascia boards and set the wall where the drive shed joined the side of the barn.

Next I added the barn doors, the windows, the concrete base and the barn board.













Then I started on the drive shed adding the tin roof, the doorway and the barn board.

I added the runners to the sleigh, built up the box and finished the sides.

Lastly, I put in the background, beginning with the horizon line, adding a tree behind the barn, the fence line and grasses and growies along the fence and around the barn and in the pasture.

This original 5-1/4" x 9” graphite pencil drawing when matted and shrink wrapped will be available for $40.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment