Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Rock Shadows - A Work in Progress

Today is a little colder than yesterday with the temperature in the morning at 14F (-10C) and as I walked down to do the barn chores the wind chill made it feel like 1F (-17C) compounded by snow flurries blowing around.

I pulled out this painting to work on that I have been picking away at for a while (see posts on 30 January 2011 and 12 March 2013).

I started with the centre section behind the birch trees and completed that first before taking a break to have a cup of tea and lunch before taking the dog out for a walk.

















The nice thing was that it had warmed up a little with the temperature at 19F (-7C) and the wind chill was 3F (-7C), but the not so nice thing was that the flurries had changed to snow and now there was another 6" (15cm) on the ground and according to the weather report I can expect another 2-1/2" (6cm) overnight.

I continued to work on the trees in the background until I completed those on the right side of the painting before calling it a day.

I will post this painting at a later date once I have painted the large birch trees behind the rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment