Thursday, December 8, 2016

Fence Posts 5 and 6 - Two Works in Progress

I pulled these two pieces out that I started earlier this year (see post on 26 July 2016) while out on location and decided to do a little more work on each of them.

Working on both pieces at the same time I used French ultramarine blue into the sky on each painting to remove the tape lines and balance the colour in the sky.

Next I lifted the colour from each of the fence posts with water and blotting with a tissue, leaving some of the green on the posts as the under paint for the moss that is often found on old cedar posts.

Fence Posts 5

I will post each of these paintings at a later date as more work on them is completed.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and enjoy the artwork.










Fence Posts 6

No comments:

Post a Comment