Saturday, December 31, 2016

Clear Lake V - A Work in Progress

I had some time today and thought I would like to try and get this drawing completed that I have been working on it for quite a while (see posts on 09 June 2013, 16 May and 06 July 2016).

I started by working on the background trees first, beginning from the pine tree by the cottage and working to the right along the top of the rocks.

Next I put the rocks beneath the trees into the background, and along the edge of the lake and below them the water ripples.

From there I started in on the foreground by putting in the two dead pine tree trunks first, followed by the maple tree and the pine tree by the cottage.
















I put the rest of the cottage in behind the trees surrounding ii and added grasses and growies at the base of the trees.

As my time for working on this drawing was running out I started adding some rocks along the shoreline.

I will post this drawing again once I complete the foreground and the lawn chairs.

Thank you for looking at my artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment