Wednesday, November 16, 2016

OSWOA - Lazy River 3

Most of our autumn colours have gone and some of the trees are left with just a few leaves grimly hanging on before they too will fall to the ground.

I wanted some bright colour, so I pulled out this painting that I worked on earlier this year (see posts on 23 December 2011, 07 May 2013 and 05 March 2016).

With a pencil, I lightly added branches to the two remaining tree trunks.

Using a dark mixture of French ultramarine blue and raw sienna I put in the needles on the branches.

Next I added cadmium yellow to the dark green mix and put the highlights on the branches of all the pine trees.

Next I mixed burnt sienna and a little bit of French ultramarine blue and painted in the rocks at the edge of the river.

Lastly using various mixes of raw sienna, cadmium yellow, burnt sienna and new gamboge I put in the grasses and growies on the shore.

If you would like more information about OSWOA please go to my post on 12 March 2010.

The OSWOA shown here is an original watercolour painting using Artist quality Winsor & Newton paint on 300lb. Arches 100% rag, acid free watercolour paper. It is priced at $40.00 and sold unframed.

No comments:

Post a Comment