Monday, October 17, 2016

Pastel Colours 1 and 2 - Two Works in Progress

Today I picked these two pieces that I drew onto watercolour paper earlier this year (see post on 14 April 2016).

On this one I brushed the sky in starting at the top with a small amount of aureolin in the upper left corner.

Using a pale wash of alizarin crimson I started with the colour in the upper right corner and gradually darkened the colour as I went down the painting leaving the bottom of the paper white.

I set this painting aside to let the sky dry.

Pastel Colors 2

I started on the next painting using alizarin crimson in the sky gradually darkening the paint toward the bottom.














Pastel Colours 1

Once again I left the bottom of the paper white.

I will post each of these paintings at a later date once they have been completed

No comments:

Post a Comment