Friday, October 7, 2016

ACEO - Reflections 6

Today I wanted to work on a painting with reflections in the water.

Using alizarin crimson and new gamboge I put in a flat wash across the upper half of the painting and change to alizarin crimson with a little bit of French ultramarine blue into the lower half of the painting

While the paint was still damp I added more of the blue into the mix and put in some of the darker reflections into the lower area of the water.














As the paint was drying I added in a green mix of Antwerp blue and new gamboge allowing the background colour to show through.

With French ultramarine blue and burnt sienna I painted in the rocks against the shoreline.

Using the brighter green, I put in some water ripples below the rocks.















Lastly, I used the rock colour to put in a few tree trunks and branches on the shore followed by their reflections in the water.

If you would like more information about ACEO please go to my post on 11 March 2010.

The ACEO shown here is an original watercolour painting using Artist quality Winsor & Newton paint on 140lb. Arches 100% rag, acid free watercolour paper. It is priced at $20.00 and sold unframed.

No comments:

Post a Comment