Sunday, August 7, 2016

OSWOA - Showy Lady's Slipper 1

I started this painting a long time ago (see post on 09 December 2011) and recently came across it in a box of small paintings that needed to be completed.

First using cadmium yellow I put in the stamens and the little bit of yellow on one of the petals.

Next using French ultramarine blue and burnt sienna I added more details to the petals with shading.

With alizarin crimson I added a little more colour to the pink areas of the flower.














Lastly using various mixtures of French ultramarine blue, Antwerp blue, raw sienna and aureolin I finished painting the leaves and stem.

If you would like more information about OSWOA please go to my post on 12 March 2010.

The OSWOA shown here is an original watercolour painting using Artist quality Winsor & Newton paint on 300lb. Arches 100% rag, acid free watercolour paper. It is priced at $40.00 and sold unframed.

No comments:

Post a Comment