Sunday, July 17, 2016

Fence Posts 1-3 Three Works in Progress

Today while I was out driving along one of the back roads I thought I would stop when I found an interesting scene with a fence line.

It wasn't long before I came across a tree covered hill with a grouping of fence posts and a broken wire fence.

I washed in the background with a pale mix of Antwerp blue and French ultramarine blue.

While the sky colour was drying I made various greens of   the two blues, raw sienna, new gamboge, aureolin and burnt sienna.

Fence Posts 1

I then used the various greens to paint in the hills and foreground grass and set the painting aside to dry.

Before I left I took a reference photograph before carrying on down the road.

Next I came to an area with a stand of pine trees behind another wire fence.

Using the same two blues I put in the sky with lighter and darker areas.

With the various greens I put in the pine trees and the distant hills.

Fence Posts 2

Once again I took a reference photograph before continuing  down the road.

Since there was a side road which would take me back home I took it planning on doing one more background.

I came across a weedy field with deciduous trees in front of pine trees.

I used mixes of the same two blues for the sky and different combinations of the blues and yellows for the trees and grasses.

Fence Posts 3

I will post each of these paintings once they are completed at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment