Monday, April 25, 2016

OSWOA - Morning Lake 2

I know that the weatherman called for rain today, but what came down but although it is still a four letter word he didn't call for something that is white, cold, wet and fluffy and covered the grass to a depth of 2" (5cm). Fortunately by late afternoon it all melted away.

Since I wasn't planning on going out today I decided that I would pull a number of paintings out and work on them today and see how many I could either complete or get a fair amount of work on them completed.

I started with this painting that I have been working on for a while (see posts on 08 December 2013, 27 January and 22 February 2014, 22 January 2015 and 21 February 2016) and needed only a small amount of work to finish.

Using a green of Antwerp blue and new gamboge I put on the under paint for the pine needles and leaves on the bushes.













Next I put in the tree trunks and branches on the bushes with French ultramarine blue and burnt sienna.

Lastly I put the darker needles and leaves on the trees and bushes with French ultramarine blue and raw sienna.

If you would like more information about OSWOA please go to my post on 12 March 2010.

The OSWOA shown here is an original watercolour painting using Artist quality Winsor & Newton paint on 300lb. Arches 100% rag, acid free watercolour paper. It is priced at $40.00 and sold unframed.

No comments:

Post a Comment