Sunday, February 28, 2016

Sailboat 2 - A Work in Progress

Today was a wonderful warm day of 40F (4.4C) with plenty of sun and the ice on the trees is melting as is much of the snow on the ground.  Because of this I have a small river of water running down the driveway from the melting snow.

Unfortunately, by tomorrow with the temperature dropping overnight all the water will be frozen.

I wanted to work on this painting that I had started last year (see posts on 29 August 2015 and 24 January 2016).

I started by using aureolin and brushed clouds into the sky and some of the reflected colour into the water.

Next using cobalt blue while the paint was still wet I put the sky in around the clouds.

I added burnt sienna to the blue and put in the water.

The painting was set aside to dry before the background could be added.

I will post this painting at a later date once the distant shore is panted and the miskit is removed.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and enjoy the artwork. I hope you will return often.

No comments:

Post a Comment