Thursday, January 14, 2016

Long Shadows - A Work in Progress

Today is a very busy day, starting with going to the Kawartha Artists' Gallery and Studio for the Still Life class in the morning, then going to the bank afterward to change the signing authority for the new vice president to be able to sign the cheques for KAGS and to return again to the Gallery to sit in the afternoon and evening.

I wanted to get this piece completed today that I had started a number of years ago (see post on 20 August 2010) especially since I was going to be at KAGS until 7:00 p.m. tonight.

During the afternoon the gallery was very busy and all I was able to do was use a pencil to indicate the small trees in the background and then put in the skeletons of the three larger trees in the foreground.















When the second sitter arrived at 4:00 p.m. I took a break and had supper downstairs before returning to the upper level to resume my duties at the front desk.

Using various greens made of various combinations of Antwerp blue, French ultramarine blue, raw sienna and burnt sienna I painted the trees into the background; this was in between looking after some of the people who came in to view the Christmas Show which closes tomorrow.

As I had time I was able to put in the trunks and main branches on the foreground trees using some of the green mixes and a little more burnt sienna.

I will post this painting once, more work on it has been completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment