Thursday, October 29, 2015

Sailboats 3 and 4 - Two Works in Progress

Today I just didn't feel like heading down into Peterborough to go to the Still Life class at KAGS.

Instead I wanted to work on a few of the sketches I did earlier this year when we went on the Stoney Lake Boat Cruise (see post on 29 August 2015) and develop them into a couple of paintings.














Sailboat 4

The sketches of Sailboat 3 and Sailboat 4 were fairly small and I decided to put both of them on the same piece of watercolour paper.

After transferring the sketches onto watercolor paper I thought that I could reverse the direction of the two boats and change their positions on another piece of watercolour paper and do a second painting.














It didn't take very long to rework the sketch and transfer it to another piece of watercolour paper the same size as the first one.

Using a liquid masking compound I painted the boats on both paintings to protect them when I painted the background and keep the sails white.














Sailboat 3

These two paintings should be interesting to do and I will post both of these paintings once they have been completed.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my artwork and I hope you will return often.

No comments:

Post a Comment