Thursday, July 23, 2015

Bath Time - A Work in Progress

It is 76F (24.4C) on a beautiful, sunny day with a nice breeze helping to keep the humidity away.

I wanted to work on paintings that I had already started and try to get some of the completed.

I decided on this one that I have been working on since last year (see posts on 11 and 16 July and 28 December 2014, 21 January, 08 February and 24 May 2015).

Using mixes of raw sienna and burnt sienna I went over the rubber duck to add a little more shape.












With various mixtures of French ultramarine blue and burnt sienna I completed the towel and using a dark mix of the same colours I added a little more definition to the eyes.

I painted the first of the three bars of soap with a green made from raw sienna, Antwerp blue and French ultramarine blue.

Next I started on the second bar of soap which is inside the seashell soap dish using mixtures of cobalt blue, French ultramarine blue and a touch of burnt sienna.

I will post this painting at a later date once I have completed the remaining bars of soap and started to work on the seashells.

No comments:

Post a Comment