Thursday, June 18, 2015

OSWOA - Rubber Ducky 2

I wanted to work on something that I could complete today and after going through a number of pieces I decided on this one of a rubber ducky that I has started last year (see posts on 28 March and 15 July 2014).

Using a dark mix of French ultramarine blue and burnt sienna I painted in the pupils of the eyes.















Using a wash of raw sienna I put down the under paint for the duck, leaving the whites of the eyes and painting around the bill.

With various mixtures of blue greys gradually the shading was put on the body of the ducky.

Finally the bill was painted using alizarin crimson, new gamboge, cadmium red and cadmium yellow.














If you would like more information about OSWOA please go to my post on 12 March 2010.

The OSWOA shown here is an original watercolour painting using Artist quality Winsor & Newton paint on 140lb. Arches 100% rag, acid free watercolour paper. It is priced at $40.00 and sold unframed.

No comments:

Post a Comment